Friday 9 March 2012

Updating life

This week as been such a bludge week.  I think I was so stressed about holding information in my head for the Greek exam, that from last monday after the exam I just can't be bothered anymore haha.  So this week has seen me do the least amount of work so far.  I was supposed to meet up with a friend to study today; but when she canceled out on me I just ended up lying around at home haha.

Just got back from playing pool in the city with John, Kris, and Van.  Then the Vicwest people joined us near the end before I left.  Played pretty well today.  Dunno what happened last week, when I choked majorly in the competition >.<

About the Greek exam, I actually thought it was a bit too easy.  Like I felt like I had way over-prepared for it haha.  There was barely anything from the last week (and I felt that the last week was the most confusing too, as there were so many variations and possibilities).  In the end the exam was all pretty basic.  Also there was no request to translate from English to Greek (which has been tested basically in every single test up to now).  And going from English to Greek is way harder than going from Greek to English!  I guess that the point is to read the Greek Bible...so we never really go from English to Greek.  However if you can do that, it shows that you've really consolidated your knowledge.  So I finished the exam in like 35 mins (for the 70 min exam), and spent the rest going over my stuff.

Greek has been very very awesome.  While it seems to have a reputation of being hard, I've been finding it much easier than the other subjects.  This is very strange as I really really suck at languages.  I've done lots of languages through out high school...and sucked at all of them...and remember none now.

I've felt this clear calling to do Bible College.  And this clear calling, aside from my passion and thirst and wanting to be used by God more and more, is the events in my life.  Optometry is a great profession to do something else as: 1. you can get a job for 1-2 days a week easily. 2. you can actually earn quite a bit of money even just working 1-2 days (which indicates to me that I really SHOULD go find a job soon haha...I'm so lazy...).  

In my stage of life there is nothing hindering me.  No mortgage, still living at home, have money saved, and (unfortunately?) no attachment to the other gender (elegant way of saying I have no gf :p).  So easy to give up my full-time job and start this.  And I've been very at peace with it.  Haven't worried about where money will come from (though maybe I should start...cuz I think I've still been spending money as much as when I was working full-time >.<), and God's blessed me with my brother and my church supporting me (amazing cuz I did not ask for it).

On Wednesday night this was further confirmed to me, with my Greek lecturer Andrew congratulating me for me exam result.  Now I don't want to seem like I'm bragging.... but I believe that it's God's grace, and I feel so so blessed by God that I need to share this.  And this result further grounds me in my belief that I'm currently where God wants me to be.  Anyway Andrew said that I lost 1/2 a mark, out of 70!  Which is absolutely amazing (tho the high-achievingness in me is wondering where on earth I could have lost 1/2 a mark lol).  Overall I think this puts my subject mark for Greek A at 99%!! 

Now I need to stress that I suck at languages!  And I know fully that this is all God's grace.  Marks actually wasn't my intent.  I would LOVE to be able to read the bible in greek.  Hopefully I'm well on my way :)

Anyway I'm pretty sure that I won't do anywhere as good with the rest of the subjects, as they require essay writings etc.... and I suck at writing essays.  Plus these Arts essays seem to be different to my uni writing (different even when I compared to how I was supposed to write essays back in year 12!).  I figured that I'll just write this first essay how I think I should write, and then change it based upon the feedback.

So that means no more bludging next week!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the Greek! That's awesome.
    Also, it's great when things seem to work out and confirm where you thought you should head.

    ReplyDelete