Sunday 11 March 2012

Birthday Celebrations!

Today has been a great day!! (Well technically _yesterday_ as it's almost 2am now haha..

Had a BBQ to celebrate my birthday (even tho it's actually on Wednesday, not today).  Had the people closest to me come to celebrate with me.  This was mainly people from the 3 churches (my church Reservoir, Vicwest, and West Footscray), but also Bao and Zeinab came by and helped out as well!  Overall probably about 35ish people??  Thanks so much to my parents for preparing and arranging everything, and for cooking during the whole time!!

We mainly just chilled and played frisbee and throwing the vortex.  Initially I felt that a few groups just went off somewhere and sat by themselves... but after I made that comment to them (and encouraged them to join the rest), they did!  Meat wasn't cooked fast enough... cuz the BBQ stopped working, or stopped being very hot.... but in the end I think it was good.

Went back to my house afterwards to chill, and most actually did!  Even Peter, who said he was gonna go home cuz he was too tired, came by and spent most of the night at my house (yay!).  Mainly just ate the cake, played cranium, angel and assassins, and taboo!  Bit crowded with so many people, but I think because of that everyone could chill with ppl.  Hopefully no one felt left out >.<.

Was very surprised that so many people bought me presents or chipped in to get me presents!  While I'm not a big gifts person, I do feel very loved that ppl took the effort and the money to get me these things.  Also the cards have been awesome!!  I just feel bad cuz I'm not a great gifts person... and so when I open the gifts I can't be super excited and happy (!!!) etc....  So sometimes I give off the vibe that I don't like my presents... but that's not true at all!!!!

A lot of clothes...which is good cuz I never go shopping.  Guess that's my shopping for the next year :D

Anyway, tomorrow tennis in the morning!!  Then church (have to practice our Easter Play), and then at night join in for Jon's surprise dinner!! (hopefully he doesn't read this....I don't think he follows my blog hahahaha).  Fun fun...cuz the next day is Labour Holiday!!!!!!!! yay!!!  I think I'll be spending it studying hahahaha >.<

No comments:

Post a Comment