Sunday 18 March 2012

Leadership?

Why does leadership seems so lonely and isolating sometimes....?

I know you're doing it for God.....but does that mean it should be isolating?

Looking at my group,
    Those under my care....
 I can see that they're getting closer to each other,
    Just like I planned and wanted...
And yet......
    I can see that I'm outside that circle...
       And I can see the distance extending further and further..
Why is it...
   That often, the times that I feel the most isolated...
      And that I'm the most alienated and not really fitting in....
    Is when I'm around other Christians?
  Does it have to do with leadership?
       Or is it really just because of me in general.

Maybe it really is just me....
     How my personality is.....

2 comments:

  1. Don't think it's because of you in general; I'm sure there are other leaders out there who feel the same way. It's probably..a leadership thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember someone saying (possibly John Maxwell - leadership guru) that it's lonely at the top... in order to lead people to new heights, you have to first have gone there yourself.

    ReplyDelete