Wednesday 4 May 2011

What are Words...

What are words?
They offer so much hope, so much promises, so much emotions.
Yet as quickly as they come, they become empty.
Empty words
   Empty promises
I'm such a sucker for words.  I believe them so easily.
   So easily fooled.
I read back on those words.  How meaningless they are now.  
     How utterly useless.
Why do I keep reading,
   Even though I know only pain lies at the end.
For some reason it instill in me an odd feeling.  What is it....
On one hand, you relive those moments, those emotions, those hopes.
   For a moment you actually feel loved.
 It's like being in denial.

How stupid of me.
Those words.....
Atm are probably being given to someone else.
Those same promises and declaration of love..
   To someone else.
How empty
  How utterly useless.
Is that the cycle of life?

What are words, if they don't last?
Will they just fade away 
   Like ink on paper
     Washed away with water?
No, unfortunately they remain
  Reminding me of how empty they are.
Away with them!  I don't want them anymore.....

No comments:

Post a Comment