Sunday 13 November 2011

Boasting..

My pride is upon my God.
If I boast it will be about the Lord.

I do not act as the World does
  As God has called me to be set apart.
 Jesus my Rock, whom I try to imitate in all things.

If I somehow manage to impress people
    It won't be because of my external or internal.
  Whether that be how I look or act
      Nor how my personality and character plays out.
Instead hopefully it may be because
   Of my love and knowledge of God
        And that he has put his Word in my soul.

So even if how I look and act..
     Is far from being impressive.
  This would be due to my conscious effort
       As God has called me to be Holy, set apart for Him.

Therefore I will boast all the more gladly
   About my significant unimpressiveness
 So that Christ's power may rest on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment